These are the most frequently asked questions we receive from our customers. If you have any other enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact the friendly team at our BloomBar City store or Marion store.
What is the deadline for same day delivery?
The florists at BloomBar work hard from Monday-Saturday to get you same day delivery! To qualify for same day delivery, please place your order before 11am.
Where do you deliver?
BloomBar offers flower delivery all across Adelaide - from the CBD all the way to Seaford. Flower delivery costs will vary depending on the suburb for delivery. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact the BB florist team in Marion or the CBD.
Can I have flowers delivered at a specific time?
Our delivery times usually have a 4-5 hour delivery time frame, but every day is different! If you have specific requests or needs, it is best to call and talk to someone in store to work out what is possible for that specific day.
What if no one is home to accept the flower delivery?
If no one is home, we will try to find a safe area, away from the sunlight, to leave the flowers. To avoid drying the flowers out, we will keep them in a temporary water source. If you know you won't be home to collect your flowers, we recommend adding a vase to your order, so your flowers will stay as fresh as possible during the wait.
If we can't find a space and a shady space, we will contact the customers and arrange a redelivery when they are at the delivery address. This will sometimes incur an additional fee, so please advise our best options on the order form, with as much information as possible to avoid this.
What are the delivery fees?
The delivery fee varies depending on the suburb for delivery. This is calculated when you check out.
Do you deliver outside of Adelaide?
Deliveries are made to the South Australian Metro region only. For further information, please check out our delivery suburbs
Do you do weddings and other events?
We don’t do florals for weddings or events at BloomBar, but our sister store, Studio Botanic does!
What are the best occasions to give flowers?
There is no better gift than a fresh bouquet of flowers for the special people in your life. Whether it’s to say ‘I’m thinking of you’ or ‘congratulations!’, there’s so many occasions when you can send a beautiful bunch of flowers, such as:
How do I order flowers?
Ordering flowers at BloomBar is easy, just follow the steps for how to order our fresh flowers below!
- Pick your fresh flowers and add them to your cart.
- Choose from local delivery and in-store pick up.
- Same-day delivery orders must be placed by 11am.
- In-person collections are available during opening hours of our City and Marion stores.
- Vases and cards are not included unless otherwise stated.
- Images are a colour and styling guide. There may be variations with our fresh flower bouquets due to availability and seasonality.
Fresh flower care
How do I care for the flowers?
- Cut the end of the stems off with sharp scissors, on an angle for a larger surface area.
- Place the flowers in a vase, filled with ¾ of fresh water.
- Ensure there is no loose debris or foliage below the water line.
- Change the water and re-cut the stems every few days.
- If you purchase flowers in a vase, they will already have water. All you need to do is follow the above steps the day after you receive the flowers. Also, your flowers are thirsty little things, so make sure you top up the water when they arrive.
- If you purchase flowers in floral form, you need to refill the water daily so the flowers won’t dry out.
For more information please check out our guide on how to care for fresh flowers.
Does a bouquet of flowers need sunlight?
Cut flowers do not need sunlight to survive, in fact keeping them directly in front of a window can actually dry them out! Since they’ve already been cut away from the main plant, you can put them anywhere in your home. Although, they like it better away from direct air conditioning or heating.
How long can a bouquet of flowers last without water?
We recommend that your flowers should not be left out of water any longer than an hour. And always remember to cut the stems before they return to water. The base stem cells dry out within 10 mins, but love a chop, and will rehydrate very well within the next hour.